The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Merry Haley Christmas

We celebrated Christmas with the Haleys on Christmas Eve. Corbin was on call all of Christmas, so this was the last chance to make the trip to Jackson. We left about 2:00, so we got there at a reasonable time. However, my bright idea to keep the kids up and let them sleep on the drive there was not a good one, since neither of them slept. So, they were not on their best behavior for the night! It was unseasonably warm, and we enjoyed a grilled hamburger dinner. It was really good. Then, we opened gifts. Corbin got a new electric razor, some new clothes, and a GPS for both of us. I got a food processor, a weather radio, and a great pair of clogs to replace the ones that I loved that fell apart.
The kids also got a kitchen, which they love, but I'll have to post a picture of that later!! We had to put it together, which was an adventure in its own right!
Daddy got a gun, so now all of the guys can go and shoot skeet together. (I didn't get any good pictures of Blakely, but you can see her here in the front.)

Mama got some boots, a coat, and her favorite present-- a set of pearls.

Blakely and Ellie Ruth got Bitty Babies, among other things. Blakely loved hers, but all Ellie Ruth wanted to do was give hers a hug and then lay it down. Since then, she's obsessed with the fact that her baby is poopie. I don't know why; I guess she just has it on her mind!! She also got a stroller for her babies, a purse, a vacuum cleaner, a shopping cart, and various other things.

Thomas and Levi got Helmet Heroes. They both really liked them. They looked so cute in their helmets!! Levi also got some food that actually cuts, a play chain saw, a doctor kit, a shaving kit, and various other things.

Timothy, Rita, and Ellie Ruth. Ellie Ruth wouldn't hardly let Mama put her down the whole night.

Levi adn Ellie Ruth opened presents together.

After Levi got his chain saw, he wanted to open all of his presents with it!

Here's another one of Daddy opening his gun. You can see Thomas's back here. Again, I didn't get any good pictures of him, either. I hope some of you will share the ones you have.

Rita and Levi

Lawton and Beth
Ellie Ruth, Timo, and Hannah. We went to see their new house. It's so pretty. We hope all goes well with closing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee