The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Friday, December 19, 2008

Decorating the Tree

Thanks to our tall ceilings, we were able to get a pretty tall tree this year. We didn't go for the 12 footer in the living room like we could have. We opted for the 9 foot one in the empty "Christmas Room" that we have this year. It took us about a week to actually fully decorate the tree. We bought the tree on Sunday. We hung the lights that night. Then, we let the kids decorate it on Thursday, and I finished putting on the breakable ornaments on Friday. The angel still hasn't been put up because we can't reach the top!! Hopefully, we will get her up soon! The kids had a good time and are enjoying the tree. They give it hugs and kisses all of the time. They're old enough not to mess with it, which is great.

Ellie Ruth is enjoying her hot chocolate after working hard at decorating the tree.

Levi likes the Christmas tree cake he has for his Christmas tree decorating treat. He only wanted to eat around the edges though!

Corbin helps Ellie Ruth hang an ornament.


Corbin talks to the kids about hanging the ornaments. They must have understood because they did a good job!

Levi is very interested in how all of this works!
The kids are at really fun ages this year. They're old enough to understand what's going on and be excited about it!


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, misty come back to mississippi. we miss you! i am way jealous that you are already in georgia! we were talking about taste of UMC the other night at ENT wives, and we paused and were like, "where is misty!!??"

    thanks for all of your support. you are always so good with making me feel better about things with my kids. i cant get over how big yours are getting!

    yall have a merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Flavored Coffee