The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread House

We had the annual decorating of the Mullis Gingerbread Houses last night at Corbin's parents' house. It's always fun, and this year it was so nice to just have a nice little drive home afterwards. We had one for the kids/boys (since they are never quite as meticulous as the ladies are!) The other one was for the adult females to decorate (so that we are not embarrassed when we take it to the children's floor of the hospital). All of the kids enjoyed decorating for a little while, but then most lost interest in favor of playing in the beautiful 70 degree weather we're enjoying! Ellie Ruth, however, never tired of coming back between playing to snag her a few more bites of candy. Levi was the main one who continued to decorate the house. He sat there FOREVER stirring the icing, putting it on the house, and decorating to his heart's content. He always wants to help me in the kitchen, so he was in heaven! I've got some cute pictures of his intent looks as he decorates. At any rate, it was a great success again. I hope Levi will remember next year because he didn't have a clue about what we were going to do, and if he'll remember, he'll be so excited next year! Also, I had some gingerbread fabric, so I made them aprons especially for decorating the gingerbread house. So, maybe you can see them in some of the pictures I've posted. They came in very handy, and the kids liked wearing them!

Morgan and Kristopher are great friends! They are posing in front of the gingerbread house that they DID NOT decorate!! (You'll see theirs momentarily!!!)


Here is the beautiful gingerbread house we did, complete with working lights on the lamp posts and bushes. The children at the hospital will really enjoy it.


Here are both of the houses side by side. There's definitely a contrast in taste!!


Grandmama helped Ellie Ruth participate.

Brooke helped Levi make a Christmas tree. Luckily, she didn't mind giving the tree a little character by adding the yellow icing he decided to put on it, too!!

Levi had lots of fun stirring the icing.

He was really woking hard to get that orange icing on the house just right. Unfortunately, he was covering up one of the only parts that Uncle Nich did that actually looked good. Oh well, he had a good time!

Grandpapa and Ellie Ruth

Ellie Ruth is saying cheese. You can see all of the icing and candy that she has all over her mouth!

Here she is still making that silly face. I wonder if she'll still make it when she's 15??

Here is a shot of the chaos.

Levi and Dalton spent the first part of the evening loading up the dump truck with rocks and pouring them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee