The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Something to Read and Share

   A friend of mine posted this article on Facebook.  She wasn't making a statement; she was just sharing.  But, I just had a problem re-posting on Facebook because I just don't use it for that kind of stuff.  So, I thought this was the best place to share it.

     The access that children have to violent video games may be more detrimental to our well-being than I previously expected. While I find it irresponsible for video game makers to create the violent video games that so many teenagers play, I do believe that it is their Constitutional right to do so.  I, personally, blame parents for allowing their children access to this material.  It is they who perpetuate the market because if they did not allow their children to buy/play these game, the makers would cease making them. I must say that I really have no concept of how realistic the games are because I have never played them (or seen them played, for that matter).  But, this article brings up a very good point from a very good perspective.  I think it's worth reading and sharing.  (Be sure you read to the actual blog post.  He does some explaining in the first couple of paragraphs.)

http://peterbrownhoffmeister.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/on-school-shooters-the-huffington-post-doesnt-want-you-to-read-this/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee