Many of you have already heard this, but it bears posting for posterity, I think. The election last Tuesday was widely debated in our house by Levi and Ellie Ruth. Corbin and I are careful not to discuss our political views in front of the kids because they're just too young. So, they received all of their information from school, where they were holding an election, too. Amid all of this, the school was also getting ready for a Veteran's Day program on Friday. So, the election was on Tuesday, and the program was on Friday. So, it was a patriotic week.
On Monday, the kids came home telling me who they were going to vote for. They were like most of the country, one on one side while the other was on the other. Levi said he was going to vote for Mitt Romney because Baranck (sic) Obama had already had a turn and it was time to give someone else a turn, plus he rides horses and that's cool. Ellie Ruth was going to vote for Barack Obama because he plays basketball and he is healthy.
That night, the kids were saying their prayers. Ellie Ruth said an abnormally prolonged prayer, after which Levi replied, "Mama, Can I just say what she said (so he could skip his prayers) and God Bless America..... because I saw that on a sign at school." Mama was here and was snickering in the hall, so needless to say, I just about lost it.
On Tuesday, they came home very excited about voting. Levi said that he had voted for Mitt Romney for the same reasons as the day before. Ellie Ruth had, indeed, voted for Barack Obama for this reason: He is blue; and that is Levi's favorite color.
The Mullis Family Circus
Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment