Even though we had already had a party for Ellie Ruth, I thought we should do something fun on her actual birthday. So, after swimming lessons, we had big plans--which of course were thwarted. We were going to meet our friends at the Little Ocmulgee State Park after swimming lessons. I had Denise come to help me because I was not going out in 103 degree heat with these two by myself. We rushed to get in the car (after I had rushed to get them to and from swimming lessons and pack a picnic.) We got about half way to the interstate when I called to make sure the splash pad was open. It was 10:00. The kind lady said, "Oh yes ma'am, it's open from 1-6. Are you kidding? It's July, and the state park only opens the splash pad from 1-6! Well, I called my friends to alert them, and they were already there-- a 30 minute drive away. So, we didn't get to see them. They stayed, and we waited around a little while-- than you Denise! Anyway, we finally left. We played on the playground, had a picnic, and took a nature walk while waiting for the park to open. AND-- finally it did! It was definitely woth the wait. The kids were great, and they had an absolute ball. We were the only ones there (imagine that-- dumb 1-6 time frame). They played in the sweltering heat for about an hour, and they were in heaven. (Denise and I, on the other hand, were sweating buckets!) Then, Grandmama took them out for cupcakes, followed by Gran coming and taking us out to supper. So, while we missed Corbin on Ellie Ruth's birthday and things didn't exactly work out like we'd planned, we still had a lot of fun!
The Mullis Family Circus
Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment