Aunt Jessica and Uncle Mark added a family addition on Saturday, July 10. Baby Jaxson Mark Lamb entered the world to join his big sister Madelyn. We took them supper last night, and he is super cute and looks very big to be such a newborn!
Ellie Ruth was a little confused about the whole thing, though. I told her I was cooking for Madelyn's new baby brother, Jaxson, and the gifts were for him too. A little later, she came back with her pocket book packed with a pretend bottle of milk, among other things a baby would need. She was so proud. Our baby carrier is in the dining room floor, waiting for our little one's arrival. So, Ellie Ruth went to it and said, "Mama, I know, we can take this to pick up my new baby brother Jaxson in. I have a bottle of milk and all this stuff for him." She thought we were going to pick up her baby brother and just did not understand that it didn't work that way. It was really funny!
She has actually come up with a couple of other funny things lately that I'll note here. First of all, when you ask her what she wants to name her new baby brother, she says, "Hahbay." I don't know where she got that from, but she consistently says it.
The other night, Corbin was tucking her in. It was probably about 8:15, but it was still light outside. She said, "Papa, it's not time for bed; don't you see that morning coming in my window?"
The Mullis Family Circus
Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment