The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Littlest Leprechaun Contest 2010

For the first time, we have actually participated in some St. Patrick's Day events. Apparently, it's a big deal here in Dublin, Georgia!

Last Thursday, we went to the Awards Banquet, where Mr. Roy, Corbin's grandfather, won Senior of the Year. Tonight, we participated in The Littlest Leprechaun Contest. We were skeptical as to whether or not either of the kids would go out on the stage, much less win anything, but much to our surpise, Levi brought home a trophy! Both of them were so cute, and they really did a great job. It was held at the local mall, and there were about 75 people in attendance, so it was a big deal for them to actually go out on the stage and walk around. Ellie Ruth had 13 people in her category; those toddlers were just too cute and won all of the awards, even though Ellie Ruth did a GREAT job! There were only 7 or 8 in Levi's category, and he got 2nd place! He was so proud of his trophy. Here are some pictures, and yes, I did make their costumes (in all of my spare time, of course!)

Of course, tonight we got a good many still pictures, and little video. Luckily, the local news channel was filming, so I'm going to try to get a copy from them!!


Levi with his trophy

Ellie Ruth walking on stage

Levi -- I think it was this smile and the three finger wave, while still holding his "walking stick", that won him 2nd!

Ellie Ruth
Levi and Ellie Ruth before the contest
Thanks to everyone who came to support them in their public debuts: Aunt Meme, Morgan, Dalton, Mrs. Christy, Mrs. Lana, and Grandmama ( who was a big help getting the kids ready!) It was fun having people to cheer them on!

1 comment:

  1. Misty, yes, St. Pat's IS a big deal in Dublin, GA! You did a great job on their costumes!! Looks like they had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Flavored Coffee