The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Little Superheroes

Levi and Ellie Ruth were superheroes for Halloween. I made the costumes, and they were inspired by Levi. He talked about being a superhero all of the time. We couldn't figure out where he had even learned about superheroes, but we finally figured out that it was from an episode of his favorite show, "Blues Clues." So, I set out with my novice sewing skills to make them presentable Halloween costumes. I don't know how well made they are, but the kids sure did enjoy wearing them. It was a really fun Halloween for all of us!

Here's Super Levi giving Super Ellie Ruth a hug.

Here are our superheroes walking down our driveway together.

Levi wanted to climb the tree, so Ellie Ruth followed. I guess he really thought he had super powers since there was NO way he could really climb that tree!!!

Levi in his costume; he LOVED it!

Levi is flying here.

Ellie Ruth is always on the go, and this costume was so cute on her as she went flying around everywhere!

Ellie Ruth is flying in her costume.

Our first trick or treat experience was at Corbin's office. The kids ran around like wild Indians and got more candy than they could eat in a year, I think. Everyone was so sweet to do so much for them. They had a blast! (I'm sure we entertained everyone there AND kept everyone from doing any work-- sorry!:)

Levi and some of the ladies that work with Corbin.

Levi with his trick or treat get up. He would get his candy and then say, "Thank you for the candy." (as we had practiced.) He was so cute!


Trick or treating at Grandmama and Grandpapa's house.

Ellie Ruth was such a big girl with her trick or treat cauldron. You'd better believe that she wasn't missing out on any of her candy!

Grandmama helping Ellie Ruth with her Halloween drink

1 comment:

Flavored Coffee