The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Fun

We have had a pretty fun October so far. The weather here has been so nice over the past couple of weeks, as far as temperatures go. We took another trip to the Pumpkin Patch. The Stewarts came this time, but the slide was STILL the biggest hit of the night. Corbin’s birthday was on Sunday the fifth. Unfortunately, the camera was still set on “action” mode, and we didn’t get any great pictures. Hopefully, the ones Mom and Dad took will be better. Ellie Ruth LOVED his coconut birthday cake. We went to the Perry fair on Sunday. Mom and Dad came to take the kids home so that we could attend the Sugarland concert. I’ll get up some pictures of the kids at the fair and, hopefully, some of the concert. Missy took a lot of pictures; I can’t wait to see them. We took a big sign to the concert, and Jennifer actually saw us and waved at us. It was pretty exciting. The show was great; she rolled right over us in a great big beach ball thing. Anyway, that’s about it for now.

Levi and Pop Pop waiting for the pig races.
Gran and Ellie Ruth hanging out after supper.
Lawton must have thrown a child (mostly mine-- though this is Blakely in this picture) 500 times. I know he was tired-- but I REALLY appreciated all of his help with Levi and Ellie Ruth.
There Lawton is again-- taking care of the kids. He walked the WHOLE ride beside Blakely and Thomas. We're pretty sure the guy driving the tractor that was pulling the cars had a little fun speeding up at times to give Lawton a little extra exercise!! You can see Blakely and Thomas in the cars (and the empty one behind that was SUPPOSED to be Ellie Ruth and me). Poor Ellie Ruth slid down into the front of the little car and really got her foot caught and twisted under the seat. We had a hard time prying her out! So, she was screaming and we didn't make the trip!

They were giving helicopter rides, and the boys were enthralled. Pop Pop took them for a closer
look. You can see Thomas on his return and Pop Pop and Levi near the tent.
Ellie Ruth liked the toy tractor. She wanted to drive it!

Thomas and Levi are climbing on the fence to see the goats.
Blakely on the swing.
Thomas and Blakely on the cow ride.

Here's everybody but Beth and Lawton going into the Pumpkin Patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee