The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Monday, October 20, 2008

Congratulations! and Happy Birthday!

First, congratulations Timothy and Hannah! We are so excited about your engagement and can't wait to see that ring!

Second, here's the update.
We’ve been busy, yet again. After our trip to see Sugarland last Sunday, the kids and I went shopping at the Outlet Mall. Poor Daddy had to really help out! But, we got them pretty set up for winter—thanks Mom and Dad! Then, on Wednesday, we went to visit Beth and her kids in Athens. We were so busy that we didn’t get any pictures—we’ll have to do better next time! Then Jessica and Mark came in on Friday. We went by to see their new house. It’s really coming along. On Saturday, we went to Morgan’s bowling birthday party. Levi had never been bowling before. I talked to him about it before we actually played. We talked about what you do and how you DO NOT cross that line onto the lane. He handled all of that perfectly. I did, however, forget a very big part of the “how-to” instructions. That was … that after you roll the ball twice, it’s somebody else’s turn. He was SOOOOO excited when the ball went down there and knocked over the pins. He clapped and said, “yeah!”, and did that little sideways dance he does when he is really excited and beside himself. But, then, it all ended badly when we had to leave. He pitched a true Levi fit. He just didn’t understand why he had to stop when it was so much fun. Alas, I wish I hadn’t left out the vital information about how long our turn lasted. Anyway, he got over it after a while and Love, Love, Loved bowling for about half a game. Then, he was content to let Grandmama stand and watch while he pretended to play the Nascar video game. Overall, it was lots of fun, and I really wish I had captured his first bowl victory dance on video. It was priceless.

Ellie Ruth plays with Uncle Bud

Uncle Nich and Ellie Ruth

Grandpapa and Ellie Ruth

Aunt Jessica and Ellie Ruth (I don't really know what Ellie Ruth's mouth is doing-- but it's good of you Jessica!)

Levi and Dalton at the race car video game, which was almost as fun as actually bowling.

EllieRuth, Morgan, and Dalton

Kristopher in action-- look at the determination on that face!!!

Missy helps Dalton bowl.

Jeremy and Corbin help their boys bowl.

Levi and Grandmama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee