The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Friday, February 19, 2010

Disney World

O.k., so we did it. We made the pilgrimage to Disney World with a two and a three year old. Amazingly, they handled it very well. Corbin had a conference, so my family and I braved three of the four parks for three days. Corbin joined us in the afternoon at the Magic Kingdom. We had a lot of fun, and the kids loved it. But, we were all so tired when we got home.

This would have been such a great picture if Ellie Ruth had not ducked out of it. It was late in the day, and she was not cooperating. It was really getting cold, and this was at the end of our "magical experience."


The kids really enjoyed going to see where Minnie and Mickey live. They actually have their houses that you can tour. Minnie's kitchen was exceptionally neat. You could open the refrigerator, pop "popcorn" in the microwave-- very hands on. They LOVED it.
All day, Levi wanted to go back to go back to a place we passed first thing in the morning-- Pete's Paint Shop. We had looked at a picture of it online, and he recognized it. He (nor we, for that matter) had any idea what went on at Pete's Paint Shop. I assumed it was just another "house" to go in. However, we found out that it was face painting, something we thought Levi would hate. I mean, sitting in a chair and being still while letting people put sticky, itchy stuff on your face-- not exactly something I would think he would like. However, he insisted that he really did want to do it. He HAD been asking all day to come here, so Corbin and I decided to endulge him. He wanted a $20 tiger on his face. Since neither of us thought he'd let them do it, much less keep it on once they did, we couldn't justify spending that much. So, we opted for the cheapest one-- a silly dog. Well, Levi was GREAT during the painting, (as was Ellie Ruth). When they got done, they showed him his face, and he was SO disappointed. He said, "But I wanted to be a tiger." Needless to say, Corbin and I felt terrible. He kept it on great and would have LOVED being the tiger. At least it was cute. Next time, we'll definitely do the tiger!!!

Here's the famous guy himself!

This is Corbin , me, and Levi waiting to go to the Country Bear Jamboree.


Here are Levi and Thomas peering out of the ferry on the way to the Magic Kingdom.
At last, we're at the Magic Kingdom! You can see our stroller train!

Here we all are on the ferry.

Beth and Clark

Thomas was the only one who would actually get near the characters and take a picture. Here he is with Leo and Annie.

Levi and Ellie Ruth found Lightning McQueen and Mater a little loud. But, they liked meeting them, nonetheless.

Here we are at Hollywood Studios.
Mama and Ellie Ruth on the safari ride at Animal Kingdom.
Levi and the giraffes at the Animal Kingdom

This was our first day. We were all excited!
Thomas with Chip and Dale.
All of us waiting for "The Lion King" to start. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee