The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Parties and Sickness

On Friday, we went to Audrey's party and had a great time! We wanted to show some of our friends here on the blog!

Here's Madeline!

Here we see Shay, Rhonda, Stephanie, Megan, Madeline, and Natalie's mom.

Here's Laura Beth, Ellie Ruth, and Luke.

Here's the birthday girl, ladybug Audrey.


We had so much fun at the bug-themed party!

Lots of two year olds were around! You can see Audrey, Ellie Ruth, Sophie, and Jackson.

Levi at Audrey's party.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t a very happy birthday for Levi. He started his birthday throwing up and continued being really sick the entire day. So, we postponed our celebration to Monday night. He was feeling better, but he still hardly touched his “pizzy”. He really liked the looks of the cake I spent hours making, but he refused to eat even one bite! When he saw it, he started saying, “Mickey Mouse” over and over. Then as we were eating supper, he started saying, his version of “Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse” (something he’s never said before, but we knew what he was saying when he said it!)

He really liked all of his gifts! He got a Mickey doll, a coloring book, The Pokey Little Puppy, and a xylophone from us. The Guynes’ sent him a bubble blowing lawnmower, the Byrnes’ sent him a Mickey coloring book, and Wesley and Rita gave him a basketball goal. (The Mullises gave him gifts at the previous party as mentioned before!)

Now Ellie Ruth seems to have the virus, though—yuck!!!

Making Music

Levi on his birthday-- sick!

It snowed, and this is all we had when we woke up!

Levi on his tricycle. (This was Saturday-- before he got sick!)

The Birthday Cake. For those of you who don't have little ones, this is The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (kind of)!

Corbin and Levi. (He wasn't in much of a picture taking mood!)

Party Decorations

Ellie Ruth at the party

Levi with his basketball goal

2 comments:

  1. I hate that Levi was sick on his birthday. Hope everyone is feeling better. The cake looked great:) Thanks again for posting the pictures, I love watching Levi and Ellie Ruth playing and growing. Can't wait to see all of you. Tell everyone I said "Hi". - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Levi! Life just ain't fair when you are sick on your birthday. Hope the cake got eaten at some point. Glad he is better today. Everybody stay well -- if that is possible with stomach bugs in the house. Will see you all in May. Grandmama

    ReplyDelete

Flavored Coffee