The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas 2011

I've condensed our Christmas activities here.  We picked out a "small" tree this year.  Yes, it was even bigger than last year's, and we had QUITE a time getting it out of the house.  But it was BEAUTIFUL when it was up.  We all enjoyed it.




Even with the ladder, Corbin had to kind of toss the angel on top because he still couldn't reach!
The annual gingerbread house making was a lot of fun this year because the kids were old enough to actually plan what they wanted to do and execute it.  They did a great job and had so much fun!

Add caption


 Christmas morning was a lot of fun.  They were so excited!
Gray with his scooter
 The Haley Christmas was fun, as usual.  We all had a very loud and crazy time with all of the little ones.
Gray with his cars

Levi opening a present

Ellie Ruth waiting on her next present by passing the time with presents from Aunt Beth and Aunt Liz.
 The night before we did Christmas at the Haleys, we went ice skating (Christmas Eve Eve).  I, of course, could not/would not ice skate, since I would undoubtedly fall and harm our  unborn child.  So, the responsibility fell to the kids' aunts and uncles.  The adults were worn out, but the kids had SUCH a good time.  Since Disney on Ice, Levi had been dying to go.  He is not usually one to "keep at it" in any sport related activity.  But he was undaunted by anything the other skaters or the ice threw at him.  He loved it.  By the time we left, Ellie Ruth was skating without holding on to anything.  They can't wait to go again next year.  (I haven't told them that we can go year round at Stone Mountain.  We'll have to see about that!)
Hannah and Beth wrangle an out of control Ellie Ruth.

Lawton and Timothy help Levi around, despite the fact that he didn't want any help!
 Prior to Christmas, the Malones had their annual Christmas gathering.  This family is definitely growing by leaps and bounds. Averaging two new additions per year for the last few years (and 2012), it will be interesting to see how it expands in the next few years!

We all had fun at the Mullises on Christmas morning.

Gray and Uncle Bud

Levi shows off a present.
Ellie Ruth loves this horse she got.

You may not be able to tell, but everyone was really sick over Christmas, which did put a bit of a damper on things.   But, overall, it was a really good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee