The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

You Just Never Know Who You Might See at Our House

I don't know who ever said this, but if it's true that a vivid imagination equates to a high iq, then our kids must be brilliant. They never seem to be themselves. They are constantly pretending to be someone else. Every day when I get up, they are already dressed as a character, and they stay dressed up all day. In fact, sometimes I have to hide costumes so that they will wear real clothes for a while! It's an awfully cute phase, though, because they are generally "in character", and it's really funny.
The other day, a friend's dad was bringing the child over to play. He had never been to our house before. When he pulled up, Levi was running around in a Batman costume, and Ellie Ruth was running around in a Spidergirl costume. He immediately called his wife and said, "Am I in the right place, there's some kid running around the yard in a bat costume." Mind you, it was nine o'clock in the morning, so he had a right to ask! But, literally, they get up at 7 a.m. and dress up.
Here are some pictures.
I put this one of Gran and Gray in this section because you also never know who might be visiting us. She came to stay for a few days while my dad was in Vietnam.








This is Ellie Ruth in preparation for her friend Livvy's princess party.



Sometimes they just can't decide who they want to be. Here, Ellie Ruth is a race car driver and Spider Girl at the same time.





Levi's favorite costume at the moment is Batman. I got these after Halloween, and the kids have barely taken them off!









1 comment:

  1. Misty, those are just too cute!! Denise's niece loves to change clothes, so she is in a different outfit almost every time I look at her when we visit!! I know Denise is missing y'all while on her trip. Gray is really a sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Flavored Coffee