The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Potpourri

We've been busy enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having lately. We've had visitors, and we've been visiting. It's hard to get pictures of the kids in which they both look decent, but I tried.

We went to a low country boil at Aunt Kathy's house. The kids had lots of fun playing, and we spent lots of time chasing them. However, a fun time was had by all. Here are Ellie Ruth and Levi on the swing. This was Aunt Kathy's grandmother's swing, and it's over 60 years old. They had fun swinging together on it. Also, I made that outfit for Ellie Ruth; she's about to outgrow the pants, so this may be one of her last pictures in it!:(

Levi enjoyed playing in the yard with the other kids. It got a little rough, but he still had fun.
I rolled Ellie Ruth's hair for the first time before we left for the low country boil. I put it up in full dog ears for the first time, and they kind of sprayed in every direction, so I used the lowest setting of the curling iron and tamed them. She cooperated, and it worked out nicely!

Here's my birthday cake that Corbin ordered for me. The kids were very concerned about my birthday party. They sang to me all day and waited patiently for the party. They were probably a little disappointed since all of the previous parties they had attended of late involved many more people and many more fun things, but they were happy to eat the ice cream cake and sing "Happy Birthday," nonetheless.

The kids and me.

Ellie Ruth in the hat Uncle James and Aunt Doris Jean gave her when she was born. She enjoys wearing it around!

Levi eating his cupcake on his real birthday.
Beth and her kids came to visit, and we had such a nice time. The kids played together so well, and we had fun visiting when we had a chance. Mostly, we just ran after the kids, but we still had a good time!

O.k. Where's the contest for me to enter this one in? I must say that Beth saw the Kodak moment, and I ran to capture it. We had been playing outside in our "big girl underwear". Blakely was helping Ellie Ruth walk to the mailbox. Are they cute or what?

Here are Thomas's hands after our fingerpainting adventure.

Levi running from the water hose-- Yes, we were playing with the water hose in March. There's nothing like living in Georgia!

Blakely's fingerpainted hands

Ellie Ruth eating her cupcake on Levi's real birthday. It looks like you could put a really funny caption on this one, but I couldn't think of anything!

Ellie Ruth playing in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee