The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Trip to the Farm

We went to the Southern Belle Farm in McDonough on Saturday. The kids had a ball! Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us! We went on a hayride, had duck races, watched a pig race, looked at (and talked to) the livestock, stood and cried in the corn crib, ate lots of goodies, and-- most importantly-- slid. It was a HUGE slide, but Levi didn't pause, he just went right down. Ellie Ruth did too. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, and we all had a good time.

Levi coming out of the slide. He must have gone 50 times. He absolutely LOVED it!

He enjoyed pumping the water to make his duck race.
Gran and Ellie Ruth on the hayride
Pop pop and Levi on the hayride
Levi with the pumpkins
Misty and Levi at the top of the slide
Finally, we decided to let Ellie Ruth try. She took the steps one at a time-- she was ready. She didn't hesitate a moment, and you could hear her giggling all the way down. She absolutely flew down since she laid down on her descent.
Gran caught her at the bottom while Pop Pop captured the moment on camera.

As we were leaving, we let go of Ellie Ruth's hand for about three seconds and turned around to find her on the treacherous steps. She obviously wasn't ready to go-- nor was she afraid to just go by herself if nobody wanted to play anymore!!!
Gran ran to the rescue to help her up the rest of the way since she obviously wanted to slide just one more time.
Since Miss Priss thought she could do it alone, we let her. Nobody caught her at the bottom, and she tumbled into the hay, which she LOVED! She was ready to go again. We thought that was enough excitement, though, and we left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee