The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We're Back

We're finally back. I know it's been forever, but I have a good excuse. We have had a lot of fun over the last few months, despite all that has been going on. The kids, of course, are growing like weeds and say the funniest things. Ellie Ruth says it's "winding" outside when she means it's "windy" outside. Levi uses "much" for "more". So, he would say, "I need much milk," when his cup is empty. It's hilarious. Anyway, here's a brief catch up.


Levi has wanted to be a bat for Halloween since August. So, I made him a bat costume, which he loves. Ellie Ruth is the infamous Purple Cat, Purple Cat from one of her favorite books, Brown Bear, Brown Bear. They LOVE their costumes, and I did a decent job on them, if I do say so myself!







Ellie Ruth is getting to be such a big girl. This is what she wore to Morgan's birthday party.

I made Corbin a photo book for his birthday, and I realized how I lacked some cute pictures that I should have, so I took some bathtime pictures, and I got some cute ones.
Corbin and I took Levi to the Georgia Southern versus North Carolina game in Chapel Hill a few weeks ago for some one on one time. We had a nice trip, and I actually got a good picture of him! Here we are before the game.
Corbin had his 31st birthday, and we celebrated at home.

This is what was left at the end of the summer. Corbin worked really hard on his garden, and he had quite a crop for a first try. We certainly enjoyed all of the fresh ingredients.
We took our first trip to the big city of Dexter's annual Possum Hollow, and Levi loved playing in the blow up things.
Our little daredevil climbed up this big slide right by herself and slid down-- twice!!

Here she is in her dog ears before we left for Possum Hollow.

Levi loves his "fishing hat." He likes to wear it often. He was ready for lunch at Grandmama's house.
Ellie Ruth and Corbin pose for a picture.

Levi and Ellie Ruth play very well together most of the time. Here, Levi is "reading" to her.
Corbin took some time out to read to them in their reading spot on the stairs.
Uncle Nich and Brooke made Ellie Ruth a beautiful necklace and bracelet, which she is showing off here.
Ellie Ruth has a fishing hat, too.
Ellie Ruth has moved into her "big girl bed." The transition was a very smooth one, thank goodness!

Levi and Ellie Ruth like to dress up. Here, she is a princess and Levi is a prince.

Ellie Ruth's second birthday was anticlimatic, but we did sing and have her a cake.

1 comment:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete

Flavored Coffee