The Mullis Family Circus

Welcome to our blog! I have started referring to our family as a constant three ring circus. With four children, separated by six years, two dogs, a husband who works A LOT, and a mom who never has time to finish anything and always has multiple things going at the same time, it's amazing this blog ever gets updated at all!! However, I do try to keep it as updated as possible because I LOVE to look at it to see what we were doing in the past, and I like having a place that all of our friends and family can reference to keep up with us. Bookmark us and check back to see what we're up to. With this crew, it is always something! (Please excuse typos! One day I'm going to go back and fix them! I'm always in such a hurry to post that I usually don't proofread. The English major in me dies every time I go through and see all of the typos, but the busy mom in me says, "I'll fix it when I have time!" So, look for corrections in , let's say, 20 years or so!!!)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tornado

Yes, one of the five tornadoes that hit Mississippi Friday, April 4th came across our house. I have read that it was only an EF1 when it came over us. It was super scary as I sat with a two year old and a nine month old in the bathtub. It sounded like a blender when you put ice in it to make a milkshake or something. I couldn’t believe the yard when I went outside. The pictures really do not convey how shocking it was. Corbin was evacuated into the dining area at work. We were able to talk via cell phone, luckily.

It’s a week and a half later. Our fence is being fixed today. We still haven’t seen an insurance adjuster. We are waiting to find out if we are going to have to have a new roof or not. We really were lucky because so many people had trees fall on their houses. It really was a miracle that the one that got snapped off flew to the side instead of right onto our house.

It blew down the fence between us and our neighbors. You could see all of the way to the end of the street. You can see one of the blown away panels inthe bottom right hand side of the picture.


This tree is about four feet away from my porch. The wind snapped it off and sent it to the left. Had it blown into our house, it would have been horrible!




Here are tops of two trees from our yard.

We also had two trees fall straight back into the neighbors yard that way. Luckily, they only took down a few fence boards. However, that entire fence had to be replaced, too because it was all curvy from where the wind had tossed it around.

Below is the damage we incurred AFTER the storm. We were having the remaining tree cut down in our yard, and it landed on our covered patio and did this!! Luckily, Wesley was able to fix a lot of it when he came out. The roof is still messed up, and we need the gutters replace. However, the boards are now fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flavored Coffee